Duet 3 Toolboard 1LC v1.3
Board is a CAN-FD connected expansion board for the Duet 3 Mainboard that is designed to provide complete control for a direct drive extruder, associated fans, filament sensor and probe. The mounting holes and connector locations match an e3d Hemera (v1.2) or Hemera XS(v1.3) , however it can be used with other direct drive extruders with suitable brackets.
The stepper motor, heater, temperature sensor, fans and optionally Z probe and filament monitor all connect to the Duet 3 Tool board, leaving only CAN-FD and power wires to run back to the Duet 3 Mainboard or Tool Distribution Board.
- ARM Cortex M0+ processor running at 48MHz
- One TMC2209 stepper driver with stall detection and stealthChop. Maximum output current 2A peak, 1.4A RMS
- One medium current output intended for extruder heater, maximum current 5A
- One 3-wire 12V fan output (also accept 2-wire fan)
- One 4-wire 12V fan output (also accepts 2-wire fan)
- Two thermistors or PT1000 inputs. One uses a 16-bit ADC for high resolution reading of PT1000 sensors.
- One 3-pin filament monitor connector
- One Z-probe connector
- Two push buttons and indication LEDs
- 12 to 32V power input
- On-board 12V, 5V and 3.3V regulators
- CAN-FD interconnect to main controller board and other Toolboards or expansion boards
The Toolboard has an optional connector pack which includes the following:
- 3-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (optional filament monitor connector)
- 4-way JST ZH tail 150mm with plug (CAN in)
- 4-way JST PH tail 300mm with plug (motor connector)
- 2-way JST VH housing & crimps
- White single ferrules for heater screw terminal